Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change my Carin underwear during a measuring session?
If you have got sweaty or have leaked and you need to change your Carin underwear during your measuring day, just unsnap the sensor from the used underwear, then resnap it into the new underwear. Your used underwear can then be washed at 30 degrees.
I’m not sure what size to buy
To help you decide on what size you need to buy, we have compared the Carin underwear sizes to standard Marks and Spencer underwear sizes and provided an indication of the equivalent size to buy below;
Waist and Hip Sizes are cm
|Carin Size||UK Size||Waist||Hip|
Do I need to wash the underwear by hand?
Your Carin underwear does not need to be handwashed and can be washed in a washing machine on a gentle wash at 30 degrees. It is really important that you remove the sensor from the underwear before you wash them, otherwise it will be damaged.
What do I need to do on my measuring day?
There are a few steps that need to be taken to make the most of your measuring day.
- On your measuring day you need to unsnap the sensor from its base and then snap the sensor into the Carin underwear as soon as you get dressed. The sensor needs to be worn for 24h, so if you start at 8am on Monday, you would remove the sensor at 8am on Tuesday.
- The sensor will capture your movements and track your leak, whilst the underwear will keep you protected.
- The data collected during the day will show in your app on your phone, enabling you to see how your leak has improved.
- During your measuring day you will also need to record the amount and type of drink you have had and roughly when, into the App on your phone.
- After 24h, unclip the sensor from your underwear and snap it back into the base.
If you need to change your underwear during the 24h, simply unsnap the sensor from the used underwear, resnap it into the fresh underwear and continue with your measuring period.
What kind of exercises will I do with Carin?
The exercises that Carin use are focussed on the two basic principles of pelvic floor training;
Weeks 1 and 2.
Learning to feel where your pelvic floor muscles are to ensure you will be focussing on the correct area, as well as learning the basics of good posture and breathing.
Weeks 3 and 4.
Strengthen your core and pelvic floor muscles by learning to coordinate and increase the muscle endurance of your pelvic floor muscles as well as some core fitness training exercises.
Weeks 5 to 7.
Focussing on muscle endurance, by using all of the skills you have learnt so far and increase the level of exercise, whilst maintaining good breathing and core stability.
I don’t know what volume my drinks are?
If you are having difficulty working out the volume of drink you have had, there are approx. volumes shown below for standard drinks.
Soft drinks purchased will generally have a volume stated somewhere.
|Standard mug of coffee/tea||225ml|
|Tea cup of coffee/tea||150ml|
|Small/Large Glass of wine||125ml/250ml|
|Spirit with Mixer||200ml|
|Coffee shop drinks|
|Regular Milk shakes/Frappe||340ml|